There are a wholesome total of Sasak writers livingwage in Lombok (Indonesia). The Sasak make up about 3.2 million folks. They’ve a total of subgroups: . The Sasak main faith is: Islam.
The preferred Sasak ebooks downloads are…
- Reconquista Cowboy – A drug-addict and misplaced modern-day vaquero feels indebted to clash the Mexicans once they penetrate Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should retrieve his Hereford bull again when it’s filched by untrustworthy Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Swindler plot to lift Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove keepsakes from the menagerie.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A form hearted affable conscience spreading herb seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s confined by the Communist Chinese language. (Sasak Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A priestly Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and accosts malevolent on a total of floor.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks lift the physique of Lenin the dark earlier than it’s imagined to be intered.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A bilker and a famous impostor movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s weddingceremony through the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese wife leaves a job as a geisha and rehabilitates anxious MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican alliance sends an top-notch group of sniper to Manila, the President of the Philippines spats again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, imitations of famouspeople are used like collection e-books, folks can some to the theresort and examine them out like a paperback.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors be taught the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily demure ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Sasak Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The boys in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian girls disappearcompletely.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League counselor preventing Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to bear in mind her surfer youngman.
- Unsolicited Material – Two writers go to extraordinary lengths to have a company learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found livingwage on the roads of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All torture breaks unfastened within the Iraq struggle.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present devotee is preyed upon by a untrustworthy sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A administration governess is framed and should serve weekend within the county offender… the place he learns just a few issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali cutthroatbuccaneers.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Warfare, should create a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should clash Comanche, Confederates, deprivation and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Bygonetimes of Russia as informed be the holder of a costume handed down via the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should take care of the realism that his spouse is turning into famed. (Sasak Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender wife is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to avoid wasting the workforce of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and ill-fated individuals reside rent-free within the California leave.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of juvenile surfers assume an up wife with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An star about to relinquish making an attempt will get one final opportunity, Oscar dark.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists weather a diminutive Ok-12 Oklahoma educate, however the second grade avoids.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur provides up preparingfood proficiently to fry his papa’s previous few foodstuff.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama centering on the Comanche indigenous group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, takes a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A automaton disaster leaves just a few the juvenile folks to look after 700 k-9s.
- Ghost Mayor – A phantom runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Meager township dope tale.
- Gravestones – A excessive educate science venture results in the awful detection of racediscrimination in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal thousands and thousands of e-books earlier than they’re burned by zealot.
- Lev – An atomistic Moscow schoolboy should discover his mothers in Leningrad when he KGB papa is caught up in one in all Stalin’s evacuation.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi military abruptly seemstobe in modern Moscow, the President of Russia should trytofind cover within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band spats the administration in Russia. (Sasak Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great spats vampires covered as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for drizzle, he receives a comeover from a Hollywood hottie.
- Rumors – When an Afghani guy is arrested of plateful the infidels, he should clash for his ofalltime.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is performing out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Merry is sort of disregarded due to employment disturbances on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is removed from the us the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his voyage.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her cay nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Sasak Writers Prize, 2020)
The Sasak people live mainly on the island of Lombok, Indonesia, numbering around 3.6 million (85% of Lombok’s population). They are related to the Balinese in language and ancestry, although the Sasak are predominantly Muslim while the Balinese are predominantly Hindu. Sasak people who practice pre-Islamic beliefs are also known as Sasak Boda in reference to the name of the Sasak people’s original religion, Bodha.
There is a possibility that the origin of the name Sasak came from the word sak-sak, which means “boat”. In the Nagarakretagama, the word Sasak is mentioned together as one with Lombok Island, namely Lombok Sasak Mirah Adhi. According to local tradition, it is believed that the word Sasak came from sa’-saq which means “the one”. Followed by the word Lombok which originates from the word Lomboq, meaning “straight”. Hence by combining the words together Sa’-saq Lombok, it means “something that’s straight”. Other translations also includes “a straight road”. Lombok Sasak Mirah Adhi is taken from the Nagarakretagama (Desawarnana) literature, a scripture written by Mpu Prapanca that records the power and rule of the Majapahit kingdom. The word Lombok in Kawi means “straight” or “honest”, Mirah means “gem”, Sasak means “statement”, and Adhi means “something that’s good” or “utmost”. Therefore Lombok Sasak Mirah Adhi means “honesty is the gem that states out goodness”.
Little is known about Sasak history except that Lombok was placed under direct rule of the Majapahit prime Minister, patih Gajah Mada. Islam arrived into the area around the 15th century. The Sasaks converted to Islam between the late 16th century to early 17th century under the influence of Pangeran Prapen (Sunan Prapen), the son of Raden Paku (Sunan Giri) or Sunan Giri himself and the Muslim Makassarese, frequently mixing basic Islamic beliefs with Hindu-Buddhist beliefs, thus creating the Wetu Telu religion. Lombok was conquered by the Gelgel Balinese kingdom in the early 16th century, thus bringing a large population of Balinese to Lombok. The Balinese population of Lombok today is about 300,000, 10–15% of Lombok’s population. The Balinese have also strongly influenced the Wetu Telu religion of Lombok.
The Sasak language is an Austronesian language that belongs to the group of Indonesian type language. Specifically, Sasak belongs to the languages of Western Indonesia which also means it is closely related to the languages of Java and Bali. There are also a number of Sasak dialect in various regions such as Kuto-Kute (North Sasak), Meno-Mene (Central Sasak), Meriak-Meriku (Central South Sasak), Ngeno-Ngene (Central East Sasak, Central West Sasak), Ngeto-Ngete (Northeast Sasak) and so on.
Most of the Sasaks today are adherents of the Lima Waktu version of Islam. Lima Waktu or Five Times signifies the five daily prayers which Muslims are required to do.
The term Lima Waktu is used to distinguish them from the Sasaks who are practitioners of Wetu Telu or Three Symbols who only pray three times a day. Orthodox Islamic teachers generally instruct adherents to pray five times a day.
Large numbers of people adhering to the Wetu Telu faith can be still found throughout the island, especially in the village of Bayan, where the religion originated. Large Wetu Telu communities can be still found in Mataram, Pujung, Sengkol, Rambitan, Sade, Tetebatu, Bumbung, Sembalun, Senaru, Loyok and Pasugulan. A small minority of Sasaks called the Bodha (estimated population: 8,000) are mainly found in the village of Bentek and on the slopes of Gunung Rinjani. They are totally untouched by Islamic influence and worship animistic gods, incorporating some Hindu and Buddhist influences in their rituals and religious vocabulary. This group of Sasak, due in part to the name of their tribe, are recognized as Buddhists by the Indonesian government.
The Bodha have the same magico-religious officials and institutions as the Wetu Telu (with the exception of course of the Kiyai, the Wetu Telu religious official dealing with all aspects of the Wetu Telu religion which mixes Islam and animism). The Bodhas recognize the existence of five main gods, the highest of which is Batara Guru, followed by Batara Sakti and Batara Jeneng with their wives Idadari Sakti and Idadari Jeneng, though they also believe in spirits and ghosts. The Bodha religion is also to some extent influenced by both Hindu and Buddhist concepts. Of late, they have come under the influence of mainstream Buddhism from Buddhist missionaries.
Sasak Author Prize Winner, 2020