There are a wholesome figure of Mi-kmaq writers livingwage in Mi’kma’ki (Canada). The Mi-kmaq make up about 0.2 million individuals. They’ve a figure of subgroups: . The Mi-kmaq main faith is: Christianity – Catholicism.
The most well-liked Mi-kmaq ebooks downloads are…
- Reconquista Cowboy – A drug-addict and misplaced modern-day cowpuncher feels indebted to action the Mexicans after they infect Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should earn his Hereford bull again when it’s robbed by unethical Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Robber plot to embezzle Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove archives from the storehouse.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A sort hearted pleasant conscience advancement joint seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s confined by the Communist Chinese language. (Mi-kmaq Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A reverent Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and meets malicious on a figure of altitude.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks embezzle the physique of Lenin the nighttime earlier than it’s alleged to be laidtorest.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A conartist and a infamous fake movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s marriageceremony throughout the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese girlfriend leaves a profession as a geisha and rehabilitates worried MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican interestgroup sends an top-notch group of assassin to Manila, the President of the Philippines struggles again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, identicaldwellings of superstars are used like collection e-books, individuals can some to the thelodge and test them out like a paperback.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors be taught the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily cautious ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Mi-kmaq Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The boys in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian girls disappearcompletely.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League adviser combating Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to bear in mind her surfer youngster.
- Unsolicited Material – Two authors go to extraordinary lengths to have a business learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found livingwage on the roadways of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All torment breaks unfastened within the Iraq conflict.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present aficionado is preyed upon by a unethical sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A regime professor is framed and should serve weekend within the county imprisonment… the place he learns a couple of issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali scalywags.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Warfare, should build a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should action Comanche, Confederates, famine and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Ancienttimes of Russia as informed be the landowner of a robe handed down via the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should cope with the truth that his companion is changing into renowned. (Mi-kmaq Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender girlfriend is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to avoid wasting the gang of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and untoward individuals stay rent-free within the California leave.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of juvenile surfers approve an elder girlfriend with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An player about to renounce making an attempt will get one final opportunity, Oscar nighttime.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists thunderstorm a diminutive Okay-12 Oklahoma educate, however the second grade avoids.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur provides up grilling proficiently to heat his dad’s previous couple of foods.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama mentallyfocusing on the Comanche originaire group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, sucks a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A android dayofreckoning leaves just a few the juvenile individuals to look after 700 canineanimals.
- Ghost Mayor – A phantom runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Microscopic metropolis dope history.
- Gravestones – A excessive educate science mission results in the appalling exploration of raceprejudice in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal thousands and thousands of e-books earlier than they’re burned by praetorian.
- Lev – An atavistic Moscow youngman should discover his woman in Leningrad when he KGB dad is caught up in certainly one of Stalin’s evacuation.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi militia out of the blue wouldseem in present-day Moscow, the President of Russia should lookfor protect within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band struggles the regime in Russia. (Mi-kmaq Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great struggles vampires covered as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for lightrain, he receives a stopby from a Hollywood hotty.
- Rumors – When an Afghani guy is arrested of ration the infidels, he should action for his being.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is inuse out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Christmastime is nearly terminated due to employment strife on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is removed from the us the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his winging.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her isle nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Mi-kmaq Writers Prize, 2020)
The Miꞌkmaq (also Mi’gmaq, Micmac, Lnu, Miꞌkmaw or Miꞌgmaw; English: /ˈmɪɡmɑː/; Miꞌkmaq: [miːɡmaɣ]) are a First Nations people of the Northeastern Woodlands, indigenous to the areas now known as Canada’s Atlantic Provinces and the Gaspé Peninsula of Quebec as well as the northeastern region of Maine. They call their national territory Miꞌkmaꞌki (or Miꞌgmaꞌgi). The nation has a population of about 170,000 (including 18,044 members in the recently formed Qalipu First Nation in Newfoundland), of whom nearly 11,000 speak Miꞌkmaq, an Eastern Algonquian language. Once written in Miꞌkmaw hieroglyphic writing, it is now written using most letters of the Latin alphabet.
The Mi’kmaq, Maliseet, and Pasamaquoddy Nations, whose traditional lands are in the Atlantic region of what is now Canada, signed a series of treaties known as the Covenant Chain of Peace and Friendship Treaties with the British Crown throughout the eighteenth century; the first was signed in 1725, and the last in 1779. The Peace and Friendship Treaties did not cede or give up their land title or other rights. The landmark 1999 Supreme Court of Canada decision in R v Marshall upheld the 1752 Peace and Friendship Treaty “which promised Indigenous Peoples the right to hunt and fish their lands and establish trade.”
The Miꞌkmaw Grand Council is the official consultative authority that engages with the Canadian federal government and the provincial government of Nova Scotia as established by the historic August 30, 2020 agreement with the Miꞌkmaq Nation, resulting from the Miꞌkmaq–Nova Scotia–Canada Tripartite Forum. This collaborative agreement, which includes all the First Nations within the entire province of Nova Scotia, was the first in Canadian history. Historically the Santé Mawiómi, or Grand Council, which was made up of chiefs of the district councils of Miꞌkmaꞌki, was the traditional senior level of government for the Miꞌkmaw people. The 1876 Indian Act disrupted that authority, by requiring First Nations to establish representative elected governments and attempting to limit the Council’s role to that of spiritual guidance.
On August 30, 2020 the Miꞌkmaw Nation and the Nova Scotia provincial government reached an historic agreement, be affirming that the Miꞌkmaw Grand Council was the official consultative authority that engages with the Canadian federal government and the provincial government of Nova Scotia. The Miꞌkmaq–Nova Scotia–Canada Tripartite Forum preceded the agreement. The August 2020 agreement made Canadian history as the first such collaborative agreement, which included all the First Nations within the entire province of Nova Scotia.
Historically the Santé Mawiómi, or Grand Council, which was made up of chiefs of the district councils of Miꞌkmaꞌki, was the traditional senior level of government for the Miꞌkmaw people. The 1876 Indian Act disrupted that authority, by requiring First Nations to establish representative elected governments and attempting to limit the Council’s role to that of spiritual guidance.
In addition to the district councils, the Mꞌikmaq have been traditionally governed by a Grand Council or Santé Mawiómi. The Grand Council was composed of Keptinaq (“captains” in English), who were the district chiefs. There were also elders, the putús (wampum belt readers and historians, who also dealt with the treaties with the non-natives and other Native tribes), the women’s council, and the grand chief. The grand chief was a title given to one of the district chiefs, who was usually from the Miꞌkmaw district of Unamáki or Cape Breton Island. This title was hereditary within a clan and usually passed on to the grand chief’s eldest son.
On June 24, 1610, Grand Chief Membertou converted to Catholicism and was baptised. He concluded an alliance with the French Jesuits. The Miꞌkmaq, as trading allies with the French, were amenable to limited French settlement in their midst.
Gabriel Sylliboy (1874 – 1964) a respected Mi’kmaq religious leader and traditional Grand Chief of the Council—became the Council’s first elected Grand Chief in 1918, a position he held all his life. In 1927, Grand Chief Sylliboy was charged with hunting muskrat pelts out of season. He was the first to use the rights defined in the Treaty of 1752 in his court defence. He lost his case. In 1985, the 1752 treaty rights were finally recognized following the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in R. v. Simon. On the 50th anniversary of his death, the Grand Council approached the Nova Scotia government to request a pardon. It was granted by Premier Stephen McNeil in 2017. Then Lieutenant-Governor of Nova Scotia, John James Grant, McNeil, and the Justice Minister Diana Whalen, pardoned Sylliboy and issued a formal apology”—the “second posthumous pardon in Nova Scotia’s history”. His grandson, Andrew Denny, who is now the Grand Keptin of the Council, said that his grandfather had “commanded respect. Young people who were about to get married would go and ask for his blessing. At the Chapel Island Mission boats would stop if he was crossing.”
Traditionally, the Grand Council met on a little island on the Bras d’Or lake in Cape Breton called Mniku. Today the site is within the reserve called Chapel Island or Potlotek. To this day, the Grand Council still meets at Mniku to discuss current issues within the Miꞌkmaq Nation. Taqamkuk was defined as part of Unamaꞌkik historically and became a separate district at an unknown point in time.
Mi-kmaq Author Prize Winner, 2020
Originally posted 2020-09-24 10:53:27.