There are a wholesome total of Mambila writers lives in Mambilla Plateau (Nigeria, Cameroon). The Mambila make up about 0.1 million individuals. They’ve a total of subgroups: Somyev. The Mambila major faith is: Conventional African religions.
The preferred Mambila ebooks downloads are…
- Reconquista Cowboy – A drug-addict and misplaced modern-day cowhand feels duty-bound to bout the Mexicans once they overrun Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should gofor his Hereford bull again when it’s lifted by shady Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Criminal plot to rob Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove archives from the treasury.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A sort hearted humane mind dissemination bhang seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s confined by the Communist Chinese language. (Mambila Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A sacred Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and encounters heinous on a total of altitude.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks rob the physique of Lenin the nighttime earlier than it’s speculated to be intered.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A swindler and a wellknown fake movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s marriageevent in the course of the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese ladies leaves a profession as a geisha and rehabilitates disturbed MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican association sends an professional team of murderer to Manila, the President of the Philippines challenges again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, imitations of famouspeople are used like registry textbooks, individuals can some to the theresort and test them out like a work.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors be taught the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily demure ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Mambila Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The lads in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian ladies goaway.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League educator combating Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to keep in mind her surfer schoolboy.
- Unsolicited Material – Two writers go to extraordinary lengths to have a brand learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found lives on the roadways of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All misery breaks unfastened within the Iraq battle.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present aficionado is preyed upon by a shady sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A authority governess is framed and should serve weekend within the county imprisonment… the place he learns just a few issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali buccaneers.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Conflict, should create a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should bout Comanche, Confederates, deprivation and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Yesteryear of Russia as informed be the heiress of a gown handed down by the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should cope with the actuality that his bride is changing into famed. (Mambila Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender ladies is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to avoid wasting the workforce of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and untoward spirits dwell rent-free within the California wilderness.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of adolescent surfers approve an elder ladies with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An artist about to refrainfrom attempting will get one final opportunity, Oscar nighttime.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists tornado a tiny Okay-12 Oklahoma educate, however the second grade avoids.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur provides up grilling efficiently to fry his biologicalfather’s previous couple of recipes.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama concentrating on the Comanche ancient group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, takes a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A robot endoftheworld leaves only some the adolescent individuals to take care of 700 canineanimals.
- Ghost Mayor – A phantom runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Miniature city dope comedy.
- Gravestones – A excessive educate science mission results in the awful encounter of racediscrimination in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal tens of millions of textbooks earlier than they’re burned by zealot.
- Lev – An pietistic Moscow teenager should discover his woman in Leningrad when he KGB biologicalfather is caught up in one in every of Stalin’s expulsion.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi military out of the blue wouldseem in modern Moscow, the President of Russia should lookfor cover within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band challenges the authority in Russia. (Mambila Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great challenges vampires covered as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for lightrain, he receives a payavisitto from a Hollywood hotty.
- Rumors – When an Afghani guy is opponent of serving the infidels, he should bout for his existence.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is inservice out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Theholidayseason is sort of irrecoverable due to industry fighting on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is removed from the us the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his winging.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her isle nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Mambila Writers Prize, 2020)
The Mambilla or Mambila people of Nigeria live on the Mambilla plateau (in ‘Sardauna’ local government area of Taraba State in Nigeria). A small fraction of Mambilla migrants left the Mambilla Plateau for the Ndom Plain (also known as the Tikar Plain) on the Cameroon side of the international border as well as in a couple of small villages, such as New Namba, further north towards the towns of Gashaka and Banyo. The preferred ethnonym is spelt Mambila in Cameroon and Mambilla in Nigeria. “Norr” is also used (the word for person in Nigerian dialects of Mambilla) (Bami-Yuno, ms).
The Mambilla / Mambila people of Nigeria and Cameroon regard themselves as a group with a common identity. They are the denizens of the Mambilla Region, and have been in their homeland for upwards of 4,000 years (Zeitlyn & Connell, 2003). In Nigerian dialects they refer to themselves as ‘Norr’ (the people) while in Cameroon there is a collective noun ‘Ba’ that is used in the unmarked sense to refer to the Mambilla, and also to refer to Mambilla in Cameroon on the Ndom or northern Tikar plain (see below) contrastively with neighbouring Mambilla on the highlands of the Mambilla plateau who can be referred to as “Bo ba bo”. The populations of different Mambilla villages speak different dialects of Mambilla or closely related Mambiloid languages. They also share a set of closely related cultural practices, in particular a conjunction of masquerade and oath-taking called “suu”, “shua”, “sua” or “shuaga”. In the Somie (Ndiba) dialect this is phonetically written as [ʃwaɣa]. See discussion in “Sua in Somie” cited below. A locally written French language historical source for Somie history is Zeitlyn Mial & Mbe 2000.
The Mambila language is a congeries of dialects and related languages. The SIL Ethnologue database gives two codes MCU for the Cameroonian dialects and MZK for the Nigerian dialects. See the survey work of Bruce Connell on the VIMS website cited below, and the article on Mambiloid languages. The Common Mambilla or Tungbo Dialect is the most widely understood Mambila dialect in Nigeria. It is also the literary language of Mambilla for the vast majority who inhabit the Mambilla Plateau. The Mambila New Testament known as ‘Li Fa’ and several Mambilla Language study texts are written in the Common Mambilla dialect for Nigeria. A New Testament in Ju Ba is also available for speakers of Cameroonian dialects.
Most Mambilla live on the Mambilla plateau with their modern capital at Bommi (Gembu in “Sardauna” Local Government. ). 6.713833°N 11.25002°E in Taraba State of Nigeria [Note that the traditional and historical name of this local government area has been “Mambilla”, and that the “Sardauna” misnomer is a modern imposition by external or non-indigenous peoples, particularly, in conjunction with the defunct Jega Government of 1984]. This is a highland plateau, the northerly continuation of the Bamenda grassfields. The plateau is dissected by many rivers (notably the River Donga) leaving a complex geography of steep valleys separated by highlands (all of similar altitude). The Gang Peak, located in the northeastern corner of the Mambilla Plateau, on the Mambilla-Gashaka-Cameroon tri-point boundary zone, is Nigeria’s loftiest landform. Villages are found both on the hilltops and on valley bottoms, and are relatively isolated from one another particularly during the rainy seasons when river crossings can be difficult (and impossible for motorised transport). Agriculture is concentrated on the valley bottoms while the highlands have been extensively grazed since the 1940s, i.e. since the immigration of cattle graziers towards the end of British administration (it was part of British Cameroon until the referendum of 1959/61). There has been overgrazing and erosion has caused considerable problems from the late 1970s onwards.
A smaller number of Mambilla, migrants from Nyo or Mvor in southern Mambilla Plateau and other villages, are to be found on the edge of the Ndom (northern Tikar) plain in Cameroon at the foot of the escarpment of the Mambilla Plateau. The principal Cameroonian villages are Atta, Sonkolong and Somié. This is an area which, beginning from about A.D 1790, they, in a piece-meal fashion, progressively captured from the Twumwu, a pre-Tikar group that inhabited the Ndom Plain (Zeitlyn & Connell, 2003). At an altitude of some 700 m, these Ndom villages live in a different ecological zone from those of the Plateau: for example, oil palm plantations and gallery forest are found there.
The Mambila Plateau lies north of the grasslands. The inhabitants developed unique art styles of sculpture made of clay, terracotta, pith, and wood. Wood carving is done primarily by men, yet there is no one specific specialist. Tools are a creation of the carver themselves, creating tools as needed. Things like chisels, curved knives, straight knives are made by the sculptor. Using these handmade tools leaves room for error and never leaves and entirely smooth surface. Sculptures with heart shaped faces symbolize the earliest artistic endeavors, while current mask display stylizations of birds, beasts, and humans. A majority of Mambila figures in the Mambila Plateau were taken by art traders in the 1960s and 1970s, leaving very few figures and sculptures to be documented. The most documented figures of the Mambila culture are Tadep and Kike figures.
Mambila Author Prize Winner, 2020