There are a wholesome figure of Danish writers lives in Denmark. The Danes make up about 5.6 million folks. They’ve a figure of subgroups: Important populations within the United States, Canada, Greenland, and Germany.. The Danish major faith is: Christianity – Protestantism.
The most well-liked Danish ebooks downloads are… (this includes Danish populations living outside of Denmark)
- Reconquista Cowboy – A drug-addict and misplaced modern-day cowpuncher feels indebted to altercation the Mexicans after they pillage Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should carry his Hereford bull again when it’s purloined by nefarious Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Bandit plot to whip Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove souvenirs from the institution.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A form hearted cool genius escalation tea seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s confined by the Communist Chinese language. (Danish Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A divine Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and opposes corrupt on a figure of height.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks whip the physique of Lenin the hoursofdarkness earlier than it’s speculated to be laidtorest.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A conartist and a known pretender movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s weddingparty through the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese gal leaves a work as a geisha and rehabilitates disturbed MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican association sends an top-notch group of murderer to Manila, the President of the Philippines combats again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, identicaldwellings of luminaries are used like collection usedbooks, folks can some to the theaccommodation and test them out like a paperback.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors study the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily introverted ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Danish Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The lads in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian girls fadeaway.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League coach preventing Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to bear in mind her surfer youngster.
- Unsolicited Material – Two writers go to extraordinary lengths to have a brand learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found lives on the pavement of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All agony breaks unfastened within the Iraq warfare.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present aficionado is preyed upon by a nefarious sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A authority trainer is framed and should serve weekend within the county prisonerofwarcamp… the place he learns just a few issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali buccaneers.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Conflict, should puttogether a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should altercation Comanche, Confederates, deprivation and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Yesterday of Russia as informed be the heiress of a robe handed down by the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should take care of the truth that his bride is changing into well-known. (Danish Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender gal is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to save lots of the workers of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and adverse people reside rent-free within the California wasteland.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of little surfers assume an adult gal with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An artist about to refrainfrom attempting will get one final opportunity, Oscar hoursofdarkness.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists tornado a tiny Ok-12 Oklahoma institution, however the second grade avoids.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur provides up baking capably to heat his biologicalfather’s previous couple of dailymeal.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama centering on the Comanche indigne group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, takes a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A automaton JudgmentDay leaves only some the little folks to take care of 700 canineanimals.
- Ghost Mayor – A phantom runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Microscopic metropolis dope history.
- Gravestones – A excessive institution science undertaking results in the heinous diagnosis of racism in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal hundreds of thousands of usedbooks earlier than they’re burned by mossback.
- Lev – An autonetic Moscow youngman should discover his mothers in Leningrad when he KGB biologicalfather is caught up in one among Stalin’s suppression.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi military all of a sudden presentsitself in modernday Moscow, the President of Russia should searchfor cover within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band combats the authority in Russia. (Danish Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great combats vampires masked as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for weather, he receives a clickon from a Hollywood celebrity.
- Rumors – When an Afghani guy is opponent of serving the infidels, he should altercation for his existence.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is performing out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Yuletide is sort of disregarded due to employment fighting on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is evacuated from the us the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his soaring.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her isle nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Danish Writers Prize, 2020)
Danes (Danish: danskere, pronounced [ˈtænskɐɐ]) are a North Germanic ethnic group native to Denmark and a modern nation identified with the country of Denmark. This connection may be ancestral, legal, historical, or cultural.
Danes generally regard themselves as a nationality and reserve the word “ethnic” for the description of recent immigrants, sometimes referred to as “new Danes”. The contemporary Danish ethnic identity is based on the idea of “Danishness”, which is founded on principles formed through historical cultural connections and is not based on racial heritage.
Danishness (danskhed) is the concept on which contemporary Danish national and ethnic identity is based. It is a set of values formed through the historic trajectory of the formation of the Danish nation. The ideology of Danishness emphasizes the notion of historical connection between the population and the territory of Denmark and the relation between the thousand-year-old Danish monarchy and the modern Danish state, the 19th-century national romantic idea of “the people” (folk), a view of Danish society as homogeneous and socially egalitarian as well as strong cultural ties to other Scandinavian nations.
As a concept, det danske folk (the Danish people) played an important role in 19th-century ethnic nationalism and refers to self-identification rather than a legal status. Use of the term is most often restricted to a historical context; the historic German-Danish struggle regarding the status of the Duchy of Schleswig vis-à-vis a Danish nation-state. It describes people of Danish nationality, both in Denmark and elsewhere–most importantly, ethnic Danes in both Denmark proper and the former Danish Duchy of Schleswig. Excluded from this definition are people from the formerly Norway, Faroe Islands, and Greenland; members of the German minority; and members of other ethnic minorities.
Importantly, since its formulation, Danish identity has not been linked to a particular racial or biological heritage, as many other ethno-national identities have. N. F. S. Grundtvig, for example, emphasized the Danish language and the emotional relation to and identification with the nation of Denmark as the defining criteria of Danishness. This cultural definition of ethnicity has been suggested to be one of the reasons that Denmark was able to integrate their earliest ethnic minorities of Jewish and Polish origins into the Danish ethnic group. Jewishness was not seen as being incompatible with a Danish ethnic identity, as long as the most important cultural practices and values were shared. This inclusive ethnicity has in turn been described as the background for the relative lack of virulent anti-semitism in Denmark and the rescue of the Danish Jews, saving ninety-nine percent of Denmark’s Jewish population from the Holocaust.
Modern Danish cultural identity is rooted in the birth of the Danish national state during the 19th century. In this regard, Danish national identity was built on a basis of peasant culture and Lutheran theology, with Grundtvig and his popular movement playing a prominent part in the process. Two defining cultural criteria of being Danish were speaking the Danish language and identifying Denmark as a homeland.
The ideology of Danishness has been politically important in the formulation of Danish political relations with the EU, which has been met with considerable resistance in the Danish population, and in recent reactions in the Danish public to the increasing influence of immigration.
The Danish diaspora consists of emigrants and their descendants, especially those who maintain some of the customs of their Danish culture. A minority of approximately fifty thousand Danish-identifying German citizens live in the former Danish territory of Southern Schleswig, now located within the borders of Germany, forming around ten percent of the local population. In Denmark, the latter group is often referred to as “Danes south of the border” (De danske syd for grænsen), the “Danish-minded” (De Dansksindede), or simply “South Schleswigers”. Due to immigration there are considerable populations with Danish roots outside Denmark in countries such as the United States, Brazil, Canada, Greenland and Argentina.
Danish Americans (Dansk-amerikanere) are Americans of Danish descent. There are approximately 1,500,000 Americans of Danish origin or descent. Most Danish-Americans live in the Western United States or the Midwestern United States. California has the largest population of people of Danish descent in the United States. Notable Danish communities in the United States are located in Solvang, California, and Racine, Wisconsin, but these populations are not considered to be Danes for official purposes by the Danish state, and heritage alone can not be used to claim Danish citizenship, as it can in some European nations.
According to the 2006 Census, there were 200,035 Canadians with Danish background, 17,650 of whom were born in Denmark. Canada became an important destination for the Danes during the post war period. At one point, a Canadian immigration office was to be set up in Copenhagen.
In Greenland, there were approximately 6,348 Danish Greenlanders making up roughly 11% of the territory’s population.
Danish Author Prize Winner, 2020
Originally posted 2020-01-29 11:47:13.