There are a wholesome sum of Slovak writers livelihood in Slovakia. The Slovaks make up about 6 million individuals. They’ve a sum of subgroups: important populations in Czech Republic, Serbia, Hungary, United States and Canada. The Slovak main faith is: Christianity – Catholicism.
The preferred Slovak ebooks downloads are…
- Reconquista Cowboy – A drug-addict and misplaced modern-day cowpuncher feels compelled to altercation the Mexicans after they infect Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should produce his Hereford bull again when it’s misappropriated by crooked Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Criminal plot to rob Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove trophies from the archive.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A form hearted pleasant thought increase joint seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s captive by the Communist Chinese language. (Slovak Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A sanctimonious Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and meets corrupt on a sum of layer.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks rob the physique of Lenin the hoursofdarkness earlier than it’s alleged to be laidtorest.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A cheater and a famous pretender movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s weddingceremony in the course of the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese lady leaves a job as a geisha and rehabilitates disturbed MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican alliance sends an top-notch team of gunman to Manila, the President of the Philippines spats again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, identicaldwellings of superstars are used like registry e-books, individuals can some to the lodge and test them out like a publication.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors study the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily diffident ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Slovak Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The lads in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian ladies goaway.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League tutor preventing Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to bear in mind her surfer schoolboy.
- Unsolicited Material – Two writers go to extraordinary lengths to have a organization learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found livelihood on the roads of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All torment breaks unfastened within the Iraq conflict.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present fan is preyed upon by a crooked sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A administration governess is framed and should serve weekend within the county imprisonment… the place he learns a couple of issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali devils.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Warfare, should puttogether a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should altercation Comanche, Confederates, deprivation and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Past of Russia as advised be the proprietor of a gown handed down by way of the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should take care of the authenticity that his bride is changing into renowned. (Slovak Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender lady is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to save lots of the gang of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and unlucky spirits dwell rent-free within the California wasteland.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of juvenile surfers assume an adult lady with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An artist about to refrainfrom making an attempt will get one final opportunity, Oscar hoursofdarkness.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists weather a diminutive Ok-12 Oklahoma institution, however the second grade withstands.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur provides up grilling proficiently to fry his biologicalfather’s previous couple of dailymeal.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama concentratingon on the Comanche indigne group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, bargains a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A android endoftheworld leaves only some the juvenile individuals to take care of 700 canineanimals.
- Ghost Mayor – A ghosting runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Microscopic metropolis dope adventure.
- Gravestones – A excessive institution science mission results in the horrifying detection of racism in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal tens of millions of e-books earlier than they’re burned by extremist.
- Lev – An atavistic Moscow lad should discover his woman in Leningrad when he KGB biologicalfather is caught up in one in every of Stalin’s suppression.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi militia instantly seemstobe in modern-day Moscow, the President of Russia should huntfor cover within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band spats the administration in Russia. (Slovak Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great spats vampires concealed as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for rainfall, he receives a clickon from a Hollywood hotty.
- Rumors – When an Afghani chap is offender of ration the infidels, he should altercation for his ofyourperson.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is managing out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – X-mas is nearly givenupforlost due to industry strife on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is removed from the us the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his soaring.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her isle nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Slovak Writers Prize, 2020)
The Slovaks (Slovak: Slováci, singular: Slovák, feminine: Slovenka, plural: Slovenky) are a West Slavic ethnic group and nation native to Slovakia who share a common ancestry, culture, history and speak the Slovak language.
In Slovakia, c. 4.4 million are ethnic Slovaks of 5.4 million total population. There are Slovak minorities in many neighboring countries including Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine and sizeable populations of immigrants and their descendants in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, United Kingdom and the United States among others, which are collectively referred to as the Slovak diaspora.
The name Slovak is derived from *Slověninъ, plural *Slověně, the old name of the Slavs (Proglas, around 863).[a] The original stem has been preserved in all Slovak words except the masculine noun; the feminine noun is Slovenka, the adjective is slovenský, the language is slovenčina and the country is Slovensko. The first written mention of adjective slovenský (Slovak) is in 1294 (ad parvam arborem nystra slowenski breza ubi est meta).
The original name of Slovaks Slovenin/Slovene was still recorded in Pressburg Latin-Czech Dictionary (the 14th century), but it changed to Slovák under the influence of Czech and Polish (around 1400). The first written mention of new form in the territory of present-day Slovakia is from Bardejov (1444, “Nicoulaus Cossibor hauptman, Nicolaus Czech et Slowak, stipendiarii supremi”). The mentions in Czech sources are older (1375 and 1385). The change is not related to the ethnogenesis of Slovaks, but exclusively to linguistic changes in the West Slavic languages. The word Slovak was used also later as a common name for all Slavs in Czech, Polish and also Slovak language together with other forms.
In Hungarian, “Slovak” is Tót (pl: tótok), an exonym. It was originally used to refer to all Slavs including Slovenes and Croats, but eventually came to refer primarily to Slovaks. Many place names in Hungary such as Tótszentgyörgy, Tótszentmárton, and Tótkomlós still bear the name. Tóth is a common Hungarian surname.
The Slovaks have also historically been variously referred to as Slovyenyn, Slowyenyny, Sclavus, Sclavi, Slavus, Slavi, Winde, Wende, or Wenden. The final three terms are variations of the Germanic term Wends, which was historically used to refer to any Slavs living close to Germanic settlements.
Slovak Author Prize Winner, 2020
Originally posted 2019-11-03 07:07:48.