There are a wholesome total of Makua writers income in Mozambique. The Makua make up about 3.5 million individuals. They’ve a total of subgroups: Lomwe, Chuwabu, Moniga, Koti, Nathembo. The Makua main faith is: Conventional African religions.
The most well-liked Makua ebooks downloads are…
- Reconquista Cowboy – A dopper and misplaced modern-day cowhand feels compelled to argument the Mexicans after they infest Texas.
- Quanah Parker’s Hereford Bull – Quanah Parker should retrieve his Hereford bull again when it’s embezzled by crooked Texas Rangers.
- McMurtry’s Typewriter – Pickpocket plot to take Larry McMurtry‘s typewriters and Lonesome Dove keepsakes from the depository.
- Johnny Marijuanaseed – A form hearted benign ego advancement tea seeds.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he’s incarcerated by the Communist Chinese language. (Makua Writers Prize, 2019)
- Tobit – A goody-goody Jew in Amsterdam discovers a daughter-in-law and opposes hateful on a total of height.
- Lenin’s Body – Two drunks take the physique of Lenin the dark earlier than it’s alleged to be laidtorest.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A crook and a popular phony movie 4 movie and Yamashita’s ceremony in the course of the Battle of Manila.
- The Baseball Muse – A Japanese girlfriend leaves a job as a geisha and rehabilitates anxious MajorLeague baseball gamers.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican union sends an topnotch team of murderer to Manila, the President of the Philippines battles again!
- Permanent Girlfriend – The primary Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy.
- Roosevelt Hotel – Sooner or later, identicaldwellings of superstars are used like annals publications, individuals can some to the theaccommodation and verify them out like a essay.
- The Truth about the Chupacabra – Texas professors be taught the Chupacabra aren’t mangy coyotes however extraordinarily diffident ETs.
- The Tarantino Heist – A Tarantino look-alike makes a movie in Russia. (Makua Writers Prize, 2016)
- A Year in Russia Without Women – The lads in Russia panic when ALL 72 million Russian girls fadeaway.
- Verity’s Surfing Movie – An Ivy League teacher preventing Alzheimer’s strikes to Southern to attempt to bear in mind her surfer youngster.
- Unsolicited Material – Two writers go to extraordinary lengths to have a organization learn their script.
- Tupac Lives – Topac Shakur is found income on the roads of Las Vegas.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – All torment breaks free within the Iraq struggle.
- The Puppy Mill – A canine present fan is preyed upon by a crooked sheriff’s deputy.
- The Weekender – A regime lecturer is framed and should serve weekend within the county prisonerofwarcamp… the place he learns just a few issues.
- The Pirate Hunters – Navy SEALS don’t go on vacation however chase Somali buccaneers.
- B-25 – POWs, in World Struggle, should build a B-25 and escape Japan earlier than August 6, 1945.
- The 10th Cavalry – A Black cavalry part should argument Comanche, Confederates, deprivation and dehydration in West Texas.
- the little black dress – Past of Russia as instructed be the partner of a gown handed down by way of the century.
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino should cope with the authenticity that his partner is changing into celebrated. (Makua Writers Prize, 2017)
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender girlfriend is handled harshly however when her fishing boat is sunk she should selected to avoid wasting the workforce of allow them to drown..
- Slab City – Homesless and ill-fated spirits reside rent-free within the California leave.
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino group of juvenile surfers assume an elder girlfriend with Alzheimer’s.
- Oscar Night – An player about to refrainfrom attempting will get one final opportunity, Oscar dark.
- Second Grade – Muslim terrorists hurricane a tiny Ok-12 Oklahoma institution, however the second grade avoids.
- 500 MEALS – A resturanateur offers up preparingfood proficiently to heat his dad’s previous few foods.
- The New Corporate Culture – Socialism runs wild in New York Metropolis.
- Comanche – Docudrama concentratingon on the Comanche indigne group of West Texas.
- Dersu – A Siberian hunter is mistaken for a reform politician in Russia.
- Donetsk – A Russian Admiral is assassinated in EXACTLY the identical way at John F. Kennedy was in Dallas.
- Escape of the Planter – Robert Smalls, an escaped servant, takes a accomplice boat and gives it to the North.
- Gelert and the Last Dog Show – A android destruction leaves just a few the juvenile individuals to look after 700 canineanimals.
- Ghost Mayor – A phantom runs for gran of Chicago.
- Anarene – Limited municipality dope tragedy.
- Gravestones – A excessive institution science venture results in the horrific encounter of racialism in central Texas.
- Curators – Muslim librarians should transfer and conceal tens of millions of publications earlier than they’re burned by mossback.
- Lev – An autists Moscow lad should discover his mum in Leningrad when he KGB dad is caught up in one in all Stalin’s evacuation.
- Metro2 – When a Nazi armedforces all of the sudden presentsitself in modern Moscow, the President of Russia should lookfor protect within the Subway.
- Moscow Rocks – An all-female-band battles the regime in Russia. (Makua Writers Prize, 2015)
- Peter the Great Vampire Killer – Peter the Great battles vampires hidden as communists and Swedes.
- Pray for Rain – When a West Texas rancher prays for rainfall, he receives a payavisitto from a Hollywood celeb.
- Rumors – When an Afghani male is opponent of serving the infidels, he should argument for his ofalltime.
- Salton Sea Pet Motel – A pet mill is inservice out of a pet motel in Southern California.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Yuletide is nearly lost due to work turbulence on the North Pole.
- Inside-Outside USSR – A surfer is dislodged from the united states the identical day Solzhenitsyn makes his soaring.
- Barko Ng Republika Ng Pilipinas – A brand new Filipina motion hero (helicopter pilot) saves her cay nation first from Chinese language after which Irainian invasions. (Makua Writers Prize, 2020)
The Makua people, also known as Makhuwa, are a Bantu ethnic group found in northern Mozambique and the southern border provinces of Tanzania such as the Mtwara Region. They are the largest ethnic group in Mozambique, and primarily concentrated in a large region to the north of the Zambezi River.
They are studied by sociologists in four geographical and linguistic sub-divisions: the lower or Lolo Makua, the upper or Lomwe Makua, the Maua and the Niassa Makua or Medo. They speak variants of the Makua language, also called Emakua, and this is a Bantu-group language. The total Makua population is estimated to be about 3.5 million of which over 1 million speak the lower (southern) dialect and about 2 million the upper (northern, Lomwe) version; given the large region and population, several ethnic groups that share the region with the Makua people also speak the Emakua.
A mythical legend, in the oral tradition of the Makua people, tells that their ancestor were the first man and woman born of Namuli which is their original home, while other living creatures came from nearby mountains. Scholars are uncertain whether their origins are in the mountains, or west of Lake Malawi, or northern lands such as in Tanzania or the south. However they concur that they likely have been an established ethnic group in northern Mozambique region by the 1st millennium CE. The Makua people are closely related to the Animist Maravi people. They have had a history of conflict with the Muslim Yao people in the north involved in slave raids and slave trading.
The Makua people have a documented history of metal ore processing and tools manufacturing. The colonial era Portuguese naturalist, Manuel Galvao da Silva for example, described iron mines of the Makua people. Similarly, the French explorer Eugene de Froberville summarized the indigenous Makua iron manufacturing methods from iron ore, where the Makua people extracted the metal by processing the ore in a wood-burning hearth as a community. The extracted metal was then worked into axes, knives, spear, rings and other items.
The Makua people have traditionally been dedicated to agriculture and hunting, yet medieval era documents suggest that the Makua people were also successful traders that controlled the trade routes between Lake Malawi and the Atlantic coast doing brisk business with the Swahili (East Africa) and Gujarati (India) merchants before the start of the colonial era. However, prior to the 18th-century, the Makua population was primarily exchanging food, ivory tusks and metal products for textiles, salt and other products, but they were not involved in the trade of ivory or gold.
Makua Author Prize Winner, 2020
Originally posted 2020-09-19 14:35:03.