The most popular Filipino writers free ebook downloads are… (click to download free ebooks)
- Seas the Day – A group of Filipino fishermen breaks into the most secure location in Hong Kong to steal back what was taken from them – the location of Yamashita’s gold.
- The Chinese Pope – The Vatican names a Cardinal the Pope, when he is imprisoned by the Communist Chinese.
- Yamashita’s Wedding – A conman and a notorious liar manages to film four film and Yamashita’s wedding during the Battle of Manila. (Filipino Writers Award, 2019)
- Barko ng Republika ng Pilipinas – Filipina attack helicopter pilot rises to the rank of admiral. (Filipino Free ebook downloads)
- Sea and Sky – A Filipino tribe of young surfers adopt an older woman with Alzheimer’s.
- Santa and the Pole Dancer – Christmas is almost canceled because of labor unrest at the North Pole.
- B-25 – POWs, in World War, must assemble a B-25 and escape Japan before August 6, 1945.
- Streets of Manila – When a Mexican cartel sends an elite squad of hitmen to Manila, the President of the Philippines fights back! (Filipino Free ebook downloads)
- Permanent Girlfriend – The first Covid-19 Quarantine romantic comedy. (Filipino Writers Award, 2020)
- The Fisherman’s Wife – A Filipino must deal with the reality that his wife is becoming famous.
- The West Philippine Sea – A transgender woman is treated harshly but when her fishing boat is sunk she must chose to save the crew of let them drown.
- Agatha & Ian – Agatha Christie never spoke about the missing eleven days of her life and over the years there has been much speculation about what really happened between 3 and 14 December 1926. Her husband said that she’d suffered a total memory loss as a result of the car crash.
- Buc-Kid-Neers – When Irish orphans are rescued from a sinking ship, they find themselves surrounded by pirates, privateers and the British navy. They resort to the only avocation available to them, piracy.
- Wichitaw – A once peaceful and happy young Native American unleashes an army of living dead on Texas Rangers after they betray her father and massacre her village.
- Dumbass: Adam Sandler Comedy – Adam writes women in prison, with a twists at the end.
- Gina at Quitaque – The final chapter of the first female Texas Ranger.
Other Filipino Writers: Francisco Arcellana. Francisco Balagtas. Lualhati Bautista. Carlos Bulosan. Cecilia Manguerra Brainard. Linda Ty Casper. Gilbert Luis R. Centina III. Gilda Cordero-Fernando.
Filipinos (Filipino: Mga Pilipino) are the people who are native to or citizens of the country of the Philippines. Filipinos come from various Austronesian ethnolinguistic groups. Currently, there are more than 185 ethnolinguistic groups in the Philippines; each with its own language, identity, culture and history. The number of individual languages listed for Philippines is 185. Of these, 183 are living and 2 are extinct. Of the living languages, 175 are indigenous and 8 are non-indigenous. Furthermore, as of 2019, 39 are institutional, 67 are developing, 38 are vigorous, 28 are endangered, and 11 are dying. Filipino Free ebook downloads.
In 2019, I challenged myself to always have a book written by a Filipino writer in rotation. I like to juggle multiple books at a time to manage my short attention span, so I didn’t only read Filipino writers, but thanks to this challenge, I read more than I ever had before. Filipino Writers Free eBook Downloads
Growing up in New England, the scope of my understanding of the Filipino American experience was very limited (to basically myself and my family). I didn’t know the names of any Filipino authors until I got to college, and even then, there was exactly one class on Filipino American history available for me to take. And while I got to read great books by Carlos Bulosan, Jose Rizal, and Jessica Hagedorn, that semester wasn’t long enough for my professor to include too many modern Filipino writers in the curriculum. Filipino Writers Free eBook Downloads
So I knew I had a lot of books by Filipino writers to catch up on, but I was honestly surprised at how many of these books came out in the past decade. It feels slightly unbelievable to say this, but five of the best books I’ve read recently by any writer have all been written by Filipina Americans, and they all celebrated their first book birthdays in 2019 alone. Is it possible that 2019 was truly the Year of the Pinay?
A country shaped by centuries of colonization by violent wars, long-lasting political upheaval, and the idyllic beauty of its islands, the Philippines offers writers plenty of material to work with. In stories drawn from this complex heritage, Filipino authors stand out for their creative, compelling voices. FreeeBook.us rounds up nine of the best literary talents to come from the Philippines.
Filipino Free ebook downloads
An electronic book, also known as an e-book or eBook, is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Although sometimes defined as “an electronic version of a printed book”, some e-books exist without a printed equivalent. E-books can be read on dedicated e-reader devices, but also on any computer device that features a controllable viewing screen, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Filipino Free ebook downloads. Filipino Writers Free eBook Downloads
In the 2000s, there was a trend of print and e-book sales moving to the Internet, where readers buy traditional paper books and e-books on websites using e-commerce systems. With print books, readers are increasingly browsing through images of the covers of books on publisher or bookstore websites and selecting and ordering titles online; the paper books are then delivered to the reader by mail or another delivery service. With e-books, users can browse through titles online, and then when they select and order titles, the e-book can be sent to them online or the user can download the e-book. By the early 2010s, e-books had begun to overtake hardcover by overall publication figures in the U.S. Filipino Free ebook downloads.
The main reasons for people buying e-books are possibly lower prices, increased comfort (as they can buy from home or on the go with mobile devices) and a larger selection of titles. With e-books, “electronic bookmarks make referencing easier, and e-book readers may allow the user to annotate pages.” “Although fiction and non-fiction books come in e-book formats, technical material is especially suited for e-book delivery because it can be electronically searched” for keywords. In addition, for programming books, code examples can be copied. The amount of e-book reading is increasing in the U.S.; by 2014, 28% of adults had read an e-book, compared to 23% in 2013; and by 2014, 50% of American adults had an e-reader or a tablet, compared to 30% owning such devices in 2013. Filipino Writers Free eBook Downloads